Sunday, September 27, 2009

Evaluation


In all honesty, when I think back upon my previous educational experiences, going through the activities contained within this blog have been some of my very favorite. Nearly all of them were new to me, and I truly enjoyed being able to creatively express the concepts I learned in completing them. One of my favorite exercises was using Wordle to uniquely display a group of words. This is an activity I believe my students will truly enjoy, and I can envision many simple, yet effective, classroom uses. Additionally, I had fun experimenting with some of the applications on the FD's Flickr Toys website. My second graders would also have a great time using this website to creatively display various images.

This program has assisted my lifelong learning goals by enabling me to become more open-minded about using various forms of technology in the classroom - especially technology that is typically seen as "trendy" or used primarily in personal, instead of professional, settings. For example, before completing this program, I could not even envision using a blog as a means of sharing information professionally. Now, of course, I realize that there are endless ways in which to do so. One of my greatest hopes when becoming a part of this Master's cohort was that instead of fearing the "unknowns" associated with technology, I would eventually grow to learn more about and even embrace the use of technology in my teaching experience. These discovering exercises have brought me a great deal closer to realizing that goal.

One surprising outcome of this program is the fact that I have enjoyed participating in it so much! I actually looked forward to completing each new assignment, and as I did so, I could only imagine how much my students would love taking part in these activities, as well. I was also surprised to find how easy it was to pick up on using each of the applications. It was neat to discover that I could participate in and create such unique products, even as someone who is new to much of this technology.

Personally, I feel that the format of the program is very straightforward and simple to follow. It seems that you have it laid out in such a way that the students going through it can fairly easily determine what needs to be done and the means by which to do so. Thank you for taking the time to make this such an enjoyable, user-friendly, and worthwhile learning program. This truly is a great teaching tool!

1 comment:

  1. I have loved seeing all your projects. You have grown a lot and your reflection of yourself and the tools helps you grow as a teacher. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete