Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Thing # 14

As I was exploring Podcast Alley, I first looked under the "Education" section in search of podcasts that might be useful for our second grade classroom. Although there I came acorss many podcasts focused on learning a new language that could be very helpful for older students, I had difficulty finding any applicable podcasts for younger children. However, after I typed "second grade" into the search engine, a huge number of potential podcasts were located. One that I particularly loved and added to my Bloglines account is called "FMS Friday Funcast." These podcasts have been created by first grade students in Bath, Maine, who broadcast school news, interviews, jokes, and music. It was fun to listen to these adorable children's voices as they share what they have learned, and I think my second graders would be inspired to hear children even younger than themselves doing something as creative as this. This might be a good stepping stone for us as we someday experiment with podcasts in our classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment