Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Thing # 11

After exploring the list of Web 2.0 Awards nominees, I found that one of my favorite was Mango Languages (mangolanguages.com). This has terrific classroom applications, as it can be used to help children learn a new language through audio, visual, and kinesthetic means. Not only does it include all learning modalities, but it is also organized in an effective and easy-to-understand manner. I enjoyed viewing the sample Spanish lesson provided.

While looking through the larger list of Web 2.0 tools, I found one that I especially love called Story Something (storysomething.com). This is a great resource for parents who are short on time but want to be able to share and enjoy stories with their children. I encourage the parents of my second graders to read to them and to listen to them read as often as possible, and this would be a fun and interactive way to accomplish that objective at home.

1 comment:

  1. I love both of these tool ideas. Fabulous job finding ways to address your students needs. Now my question is - have you sent this out to parents yet?

    ReplyDelete