Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Thing # 12

YouTube can definitely be a helpful and entertaining resource for both classroom and personal use, especially because there is such a tremendous variety of videos to choose from. Although this variety is a great benefit of YouTube, it is also something that can be an obstable when trying to choose appropriate videos for students to view. Because anyone can post anything, it is important that teachers use common sense, being sure to screen materials carefully before allowing their students to watch them.

For this activity, I selected a clip from Father of the Bride (the more recent version with Steve Martin), which has been my favorite movie since I first saw it as a little girl. My parents took me to watch this film in a movie theater, and to this day, I remember taking in every detail with such excitement. To me, it seemed that the creators of the film had depicted the most perfect wedding, and I loved the way the main characters George Banks and his daughter Annie interacted with one another. After seeing this movie, I began dreaming about what my own wedding day would be like, and to this day, I still love every detail of this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment